Thursday 28 March 2013

Cookbook Challenge Week 12 - A Selection of our Favourite Recipes by Solihull Animal Aid

I bought this book several years ago and was never inspired to make anything from it. Boy was I wrong, this book is amazing, I have made 3 things from it and all were divine:

Cheezly broccoli bake - I didn't expect this to be great, its basically broccoli, potato & cherry tomatoes covered in a cheezy sauce, but it was actually brilliant. The sauce contained smoked paprika and leeks and turned this dish into something wonderful. I will definitely be making it again:

Sausage hot pot - again this was another simple recipe, sausages with baked beans & topped with potato. but the herbs & spices took it to another level and it was really enjoyable:

Vegetable soup with herby dumplings - out of the 3 recipes that I tried this was my favourite by far. It was warming, tasty, oddly creamy and just divine:


I am so glad I gave this book a chance, the recipes seem a bit uninspired at first but thats completely wrong, I have changed my mind about this book and can't wait to try some of the other recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment