Saturday 9 March 2013

Cookbook Challenge Week 9 - Hearty Vegan Meals For Monster Appetites

Hearty Vegan Meals For Monster Appetites (soon to be renamed Home Cooked Vegan Comfort Food) is one of my favourite cookbooks.

This week I have cooked - Roasted Broccotato Soup with Bacon Flavour Chickpea Croutons, Bacon Onion Biscuits, Raisin Corn Breakfast Bread & Real Men Eat Quiche Lorraine:

Soup - this is my all time favourite soup, its kind of like a roast dinner in a soup:

Bacon Onion Biscuits - I've never had American Biscuits before but these were great, like a savoury scone. I ate mine with roasted tomato & cashew soup:

Raisin Corn Breakfast Bread - I'm not usually a fan of bready things for breakfast but this was delicious, not too sweet with a lovely texture coming from the corn:

Real Men Eat Quiche Lorraine - I have lots of my own versions of Quiche but I thought I would give this a whirl, I was a bit sceptical as the recipe uses Cumin but it worked really well with the Bacon Flavour Pieces ( I used a Tortilla Wrap as the crust):

This is without a doubt one of the best cookbooks that I have and I will be cooking other stuff from it for many years to some, here are some photo's of the other stuff I have made in the past from it - all delicious (Chicken Style Noodle Soup, Lentil & Bacon Pot O'Stew & Ham-ish Saucisses):




No comments:

Post a Comment