Thursday 4 April 2013

Cookbook challenge week 13 - Happy Herbivore Everday


This week I have been cooking from Happy Herbivore Everday by Lindsay Nixon, I have has this book a while but  so far I have only made 1 or 2 things from it, this week however I made the Toasted Cheese, Smoky Cauliflower Soup and the Nola Gumbo:

The toasted cheese was made from soy milk, nutritional yeast, flour with herbs & ketchup. It was actually rather good but would have been better if it has some Vegan ham or bacon in there:

The smoked cauliflower soup was lovely, creamy and warming. I may have used a bit too much spice in it but it was still delicious:


The nola gumbo is my favourite of the 3 recipes I tried, it was warming and tasty, similar to chilli but with some different flavours in there - it tasted really good cold as well:


Along with Happy Herbivore Abroad & Appetite for reduction this is going to become one of those books I turn to when I want tasty but low fat/food.

No comments:

Post a Comment