Thursday 29 January 2015

Vegan Slow Cooking For 2 Or Just For You Week 1

This is the first week of cooking from this book, I've made 5 things and here's what I thought:

Italian Seitan Coins
These were really good, I would cut down the black pepper in future and maybe add some soy flour to soften the texture but as a basic seitan it was good

Roasted Veggies and Seitan
I found this a bit boring, the flavour was lacking so I ended throwing some extras in (nooch, Bragg's etc) which was a big improvement. It was also supposed to contain Tempeh but I didn't have any so I subbed Italian seitan Coins


Basil and Corn Risotto
This tasted really boring, I ended up adding more extras as with the last recipe but I don't think I will be making this again


Italian Seitan Coins with Mashed Cauliflower and Gravy
Fantastic. I made this previously, loved it back then and still feel the same way now


Creamy Tomato Basil Bisque
This was brilliant, one of the best tomato soup recipes ever. In future I would cut down the amount of basil slightly but other than that it was perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment