Saturday 28 February 2015

Vegan Slow Cooking For 2 Or Just For You Last Week

This is the last week that I am cooking from this book, I have made three final recipes and come to the end of the list of 24 things I wanted to make.
This week I have made

Eggplant Tapenade:
This was quite tasty, I had to substitute green bell pepper for the olives (I like olives about as much as quinoa). It was quite filling, I don't think I will make it again but it was nice:

Indian Mashed Veggies:
I made this last time I used the book, this time I didn't mash - just used it as a sort of curry. It was really good, much better than the "Clean out the fridge curry". I served it with rice for a warming, filling midweek dinner:

Black Pepper Portobello:
This was the surprise of the week, I'm not a fan of using mushrooms as an actual main course (serving a whole mushroom as a burger etc), but this was surprisingly good. The flavours were excellent. I really enjoyed this


Overall I have enjoyed cooking from this book, there were a few disappointments and tasteless recipes but some have blown me away and I will be making them again in future. I think I prefer the other slow cooker book by this author which I will be cooking from again so we'll see!
I have listed my favourites below, those underlined are the ones I will make again without a shadow of a doubt:

Pumpkin Coconut Caramel Sauce
Bold Lemon Pear Spread
Small Batch Brownies
Creamy Tomato Basil Bisque
Italian Seitan (Tempeh) Stew
Pumpkin Caramel Breakfast Barley
Spicy Southern Chickpeas
Potato, Green and Chickpea Curry
Italian Seitan Coins with Mashed Cauliflower and Gravy
New England Tofu Rolls
Italian Seitan Coins
Lentil Quinoa Taco Filler
Black Pepper Portobello

I'm now having a week off from cooking so I will be posting again in a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment