Thursday 12 September 2013

Cookbook Challenge Week 38 - Vegan Sandwiches Save The Day

This week I have been cooking from Vegan Sandwiches Save The Day. A whole book dedicated to just vegan sandwiches, I have tried 4 recipes and they were all great....

Chickpea Shawarma  - This was a lovely sandwich (curried chickpeas with a tahini yoghurt dressing) but compared to the others was my least favourite:


Crispy Leek-Mushroom Mania Sandwiches - This was surprisingly tasty - fried mushrooms & crispy leeks with a creamy dressing, it really hit the mark on a rainy Monday lunchtime:


Country Sausage Sandwiches - Marinated Tempeh, Hash Browns & a creamy spicy dressing. This sandwich was fantastic:

Devilled (Not) Egg Salad Sandwiches - I have never tried devilled eggs so have nothing to compare this to, that really doesn't matter as it was faultless. I ate this whilst shopping in Manchester and kept expecting it to be a fake fish style sandwich (mostly cos it was made with Chickpeas) but what I got was a creamy, warm and spicy sandwich that I will be making again regularly in future. If you make one sandwich from this book make sure its this:

Overall I loved this book. Lots. All the recipes I tried were delicious and there is a long list of more that I want to try, the only (and this is a very very small fault) issue that I had was prep. Some of the sandwiches need starting several hours (or the day) before, which tripped me up a few times this week. Other than that this book is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment