Thursday 27 June 2013

Cookbook Challenge Week 26 - Vegan Lunch Box Around the World

This week I have been cooking from Vegan lunch box around the world, this is the second in the series of Vegan lunch box books from Jennifer McCann and I have to say I far prefer this book to the first.

Chik'n Pot Pie - this was really rather good, I didn't use the recommended recipe for the pastry (instead using a lower fat potato pastry) and underneath was a layer of veg & soya chicken in a creamy chicken flavoured sauce. Definitely a recipe I will be making again:




Chik'n Paprikas - this was my least favourite recipe - mostly due to the fact it was a bit watery, other than that it was quite tasty but could have done with a thicker sauce:


Martie's Gumbo - I have never tried Gumbo before so I didn't know quite what to expect but this was very good - tomatoes, veg & vegan sausage (I used Vegandeli Italian Gourmet Mortadella) in a spicy sauce. I thought it would be too hot but cooking it for several hours removes a lot of the heat leaving a wonderfully tasty meal:

Jollof Rice - this was my favourite of the recipes,. its rice cooked in a chicken style broth served with veg & soya chicken in a tasty sauce:

Overall I though this book was far better than the previous book I look forward to trying some of the other recipes soon/

No comments:

Post a Comment