Friday 24 May 2013

Cookbook Challenge Week 20 - Vegan Comfort Food

This week I have been cooking from Vegan Comfort Food by Alicia Simpson, I have cooked several things from her other book Low Cal Vegan Comfort Food which were good but I was a bit disappointed with some of the recipes from this book:

Homemade Veggie Burger - this was soggy and tasteless. I won't be bothering with this again


Sloppy Joesphs - this wasn't bad, but compared with the recipe in Vegan Junk Food, this just doesn't stand up:

Chick'n Seitan - this is where things get better, I have always liked Alicia's seitan recipes, she always seems to add soya flour which gives it a much softer/less chewy texture compared to other seitan. Taste wise it was delicious:

Tuno Casserole - Chickpeas, seaweek, pasta, peas, onion, soya cheese & a buttery sauce. Combined to make a lovely casserole that I will be making again:

Loaded Baked Potato Soup - This was the best recipe that I tried, its a soup made from potato, soya milk, soya cheese, vegan sour cream & fake bacon bits. I have never had vegan sour cream (or non vegan either) and I have never had a loaded baked potato so I can't make a comparison but what I can say is that this recipe is gorgeous and will be made regularly in future:





No comments:

Post a Comment