Sunday 18 March 2012

French Onion Soup

I have 54 Vegan cookbooks and try to use them, but inevitably end up reading through them wishing I was eating the food in them, but without having to put in the effort needed to cook. This year however I have decided to try and cook as much as possible from my cookbooks. So far I have been using Hearty Vegan meals for monster appetites (Mushroom soup, Chikin noodle soup, Lentil & bacon pot o'stew, Hearty breakfast bowl, Ham-ish Saucisses), Big Vegan (Sweet potato & edamame shepherds pie) and Vegan brunch (Italian feast sausages). This week I decided to try making French onion soup from Vegan comfort food by Alicia C. Simpson, I have never had French onion soup before but I really enjoyed this, it was sweet, oniony and deep, topped with baguette and melted Teese Mozzarella:

No comments:

Post a Comment