Friday 31 January 2014

January Cook Book Review

This month I have been cooking from Happy Herbivore Light & Lean by Lyndsay S.Nixon


 Smokey Apple Baked Beans - I was really looking forward to this but I hated it. It was just too sweet:

Pizza Burgers - These were really rather good. They could have been improved with some onion/garlic powder and nutritional yeast but overall they were a nice filling burger:


Caribbean Chili - I liked this recipe, I left out the pineapple salsa that the recipe states as we don't have it in the UK but I think for me that was a good thing as it made the chili less sweet and really enjoyable:

Lentil Marinara - I really liked this, it was like spaghetti bolognese but made from scratch with lentils. I will be making this again:

Cheese Ball - This was pretty boring and tasted like tofu, it would have  been far better with some extra nutritional yeast mixed in.

Ruby Chocolate Muffins & Cheater Peanut Butter Muffins - Both these recipes were fantastic. I reduced them down to a quarter to make less muffins and they still worked well and tasted great:

Everyday Mushroom Gravy - I have made this about 15 times since I first made it New Years day, I love this recipe and will be making it as much as possible:


Overall I liked this book, some of the recipes are not great but others are just brilliant.
What I also like is that the calorie content for each recipe is also included for the all important New Years slim down. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants tasty low calorie food.


No comments:

Post a Comment